iTunes is a popular and widely used management utility for managing data like music, videos, radio, controlling and storing various data on your device. It usually works on MacOS for multiple purposes like syncing, backing up, and much more.
However, the platform can show you some errors as well. If you wish to solve them as well, then here is how to fix this issue of syncing and backing up your iPhone through iTunes on Mac.
- First of all, shut iTunes.
- Then, navigate to the Apple menu tab.
- After that, tap on the “System Preferences” option.
- Now, hit the tab “Software Update” and then look for the available update of the latest version compatible for MacOS Mojave and iTunes.
- Then, open your iTunes again on your Mac.
- After that, use your USB cord to connect the Mac with your iPhone 11, Pro, and Pro Max devices.
- Now, get unlocked your device and then select the “Trust” for Mac.
- Now, you may get one of the two pop-out options:
- A pop-out message will display on your device requesting to install an update as your device required it to run iTunes. If you wish to install the said update, then tap on “Install” and skip the point no.- 10.
- A pop-out box will inform you that the software update is not displaying on your device’s screen.
In this case, you have to follow these steps:
- First and foremost, navigate to the “Finder’ option and then hit it.
- After that, hit the menu “Go” to pull it down.
- Then select the option “Go to Folder.”
- Next, you have to enter the command given below:
- After that, open your app displays with the name “MobileDeviceUpdater.app” in the directory.
- Next, give your consent for installing the update by tapping the option “Install” when it displays a message that your device required to get updated with compatible software in order to connect to iTunes.
- Now, shut the iTunes and then reopen it once the prompt appears in order to complete the updating process by selecting the option “Close application and Install.”
- Wait for a while until the iTunes reopens.
- Then, try to perform a syncing operation and back up your data on any of the iPhone 11 editions.
Note: The requirement of software update of your iTunes will not appear in the ordinary section of “Software Update” running on macOS.
It is important to upgrade the available software update on your device by searching for its availability manually on your iPhone. It is because sometimes it may hide or appear on another screen or desktop of your Mac. It enables your iTunes to sync or update smoothly before you see the update.
Users can also install the updated version of the iTunes update on their iPhones by navigating the “App Store” or “Software Update” section. After that, follow a similar process that is mentioned above.
Download the auxiliary latest update so that iTunes can identify new iPhones with various others like iPhone 11, Pro, and Pro Max.
Ava Williams is a McAfee product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Ava has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as mcafee.com/activate